About the Owner
First and foremost I like the concept of an “open door policy” with all of my customers. If anyone needs to get a hold of me please call or text me directly on my cell phone 504-234-3564. Sending me a message by leaving a note at the shop, via email, via Facebook, etc. should be followed by a direct phone call or a meeting in person.
The first picture above is me at age 15 or 16 after constructing my first garden bed for growing vegetables. The compost I used was made as a result of my first business venture, raising of mice and rats for the sale to snake owners. With the help of my father, Stuart, I learned the basics of business accounting, and thanks to all the rodent poop I learned the basics of nutrient cycling and composting.
The second picture is me (more recently) holding sweet potatoes we grew in front of Laughing Buddha Nursery. The sweet potatoes were grown using the soil, worm castings, and organic fertilizers we sell at the shop. I’m still fascinated by the composting process, and even more enchanted by growing food with recycled organic matter. I believe that organic/sustainable agriculture is a fundamental activity for human existence, and I’m very happy to be a part of it. I’m looking forward to growing and expanding my business ventures into the sustainable realm along with our customers’ support.
If you’re considering utilizing my services as a speaker or for consulting, here is a list of personal items that I’m proud to share with you:
- BSA Eagle Scout, 1994, Scoutmaster Andreas Dillenkoffer
- Jesuit High School New Orleans, 1998
- University of New Orleans, Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy
- Ironman Triathlete, 2001, Great Floridian Triathlon
- Black Belt, Jujitsu, Instructor Prof. Gene Roos
- 40 under 40, Gambit Weekly, 2004
- Permaculture Design, 2005, Tulane University Payson Center, Instructor Charles Reith PhD
- Innovator, New Orleans City Business, 2007
- IEC Fellow, 2013, Loyola University Institute of Environmental Communication, Instructor Robert A Thomas PhD
- Leadership Jefferson, 2014, Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, Instructor Ronnie Slone
- Dale Carnegie Training, 2014, Trainer Ken Bertholot
- Compost Operations Training Course, 2014, US Composting Council, Instructor Frank Franciosi